Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Twilight Zone - Five Characters In Search Of An Exit - 1961


In another existence, an alternate reality, we are not what we appear to be. People don't perceive us the way we are used to. We have emotions of our own yet nobody can acknowledge them. We are thrown all the way down to the base of a long metal cylinder hoping to be rescued. Does somebody out there love us? What if all we have is each other? Yet it is not enough. It will never be enough. What is an Army Major, a hobo, a man with a bagpipe, a jester, or ballerina to a child who wants a new toy for the holidays? Something a child can be happy to bring home. Something a child can speak with. Something that will make these characters feel wanted. But who wants us? Please little boy or little girl, find us. Save us. Take us home with you. Love us....


When you hurt, I hurt. When you cry, I cry. I will stay with you for as long as your young mind will allow me to. You give me life and this is the least I can do for you. We are not just toys.In an alternate reality we are human. Just like you...


No comments:

Post a Comment