Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Video Violence - When Renting Is Not Enough (1987) - It's All On Tape!


God, how I miss those good ole' days of taking a one mile drive or walking a few blocks to my favorite video rental store. To this day I hold VHS movies close to my heart because for me that is where it all began. Every weekend when I was a little girl, I would visit the town Video Rental stores and obviously browse the Horror section. It would drive my mother nuts. One of my favorite past times was just that, renting a Horror movie on VHS every weekend. As a matter of fact, I have even had frequent dreams of visiting a video store that only sold Horror movies...

Some movies I was not permitted to watch though. But the minute you are told "NO", that is when YOU decide "YES". And some of the things I watched on tape was not very pleasant. It occurred to me that you can actually make your own film and sell it to video rental stores. And the sick and deranged snuff films....well...they were usually placed all the way hidden in the back..

Nowadays kids are glued to their gadgets, like their cell phones and video game systems. Back then for me, I was glued to my Horror VHS. Imagine if they brought VHS rental stores back. But nah that wouldn't happen damn internet! But how do I miss the mystery and suspense of never knowing what's on the video tape. I miss the old footage and quality because it seemed so original. It was almost as though the movie was shot by a handheld camera...Maybe it was?

Whatever you do, don't press PLAY....

What's on the tape could be a sneak preview of your demise...





No comments:

Post a Comment