Thursday, February 27, 2020

Parents - (1989)


Father: Honey, what are you making for dinner?
Mother: Steak with potato wedges.
Son: I'm not hungry. I'll pass.
Mother: Excuse me?
Father: Steak and Potato Wedges are good son. Unless you want to settle for a side of corn.
Son: I want to go up into my room.
Mother: I don't think so young man. You are going to eat whatever I cook and sit with your parents at the table. 
Father: You better listen to your mother.
Son: I don't like meat.
Mother: Do you want to grow up to be strong like a Football jock or scrawny with spaghetti arms like a girl? Meat will help you grow.
Father: Let's eat now huh?
Son: What kind of meat is that anyway? 
Mother: Oh why son, I am so glad your inquisitive mind wants to know. 
Father: Do you want to tell him or should I?
Mother: Well let's just say, this kind of meat you cannot buy in a store. And it's not from a cow either. 
Son: So where did you get it?
Mother: From Mr. Rolf our next door neighbor.
Son: But Mr. Rolf is dead. He died a week ago. I heard it was from some kind of accident in his house.
Father: Yes...we know...

No comments:

Post a Comment