Saturday, February 8, 2014

Will The Real Antichrist Please Stand Up?

          (I do not own this video)

Antichrist: a great personal opponent of Christ who will spread evil throughout the world before being conquered at the Second Coming of Christ.

What does the Bible say about The Antichrist? I won't quote the Bible here but here are just a couple of main characteristics of The Antichrist:

1) A man of lawlessness..
2) He will blaspheme God's name
3) He claims to be God and gets people to worship him
4) Rules in full authority
5) Will control the world's economy
6) A charismatic liar

OK, that is just to name a few. But for as long as I can remember, from the time I was being raised old school, it was ingrained in my mind that there will come a day where evil in the form of an Antichrist would attempt to reign over the world. I was not sure when, nobody knew of a specific time but just like we are awaiting the second coming of Christ, we have to anticipate his evil opponent's return as well. That would be the end of the world.. At least this is what I was taught..Maybe not in our lifetime, but who knows? I honest to God, (no pun intended) wondered if 9-11 was that time.

But now I am a lot more open minded about the concept of basic Theology. I realized that all this time, The Antichrist was right in front of us, though not limited to one individual. It is the single basic concept that embodies many individuals who harbor the very same characteristics listed above. 








No comments:

Post a Comment