Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Lost Boys (1987) - Fraternity Of Fangs..


Be one of us......

Just think back to the time in your life where you were alone, scared, vulnerable, and felt like you did not belong anywhere. What purpose do you have in this sort of an existence? Who wants you? Who needs you? Who loves you? 

I was an outcast a good majority of my life. I am at that point in my life where I can look back and actually embrace the fact. For a very temporary moment in college, I considered joining a sorority. One of my closest guy friends at the time almost joined a fraternity. There is a form of sisterhood and a form of brotherhood. A family you would be much closer to than your own. 

The apple does not fall too far from this tree....


Some of us would do absolutely anything to belong. I have heard horror stories about boys who wanted to join a fraternity so bad that whatever they were commanded to do, they did. And they did so even if it meant jumping into frigid ice cold water in the dead of winter and almost losing a toe to frost bite. And girls can be as equally vicious when it comes to recruitment. I knew of a girl who had to take a bunch of laxatives and not have any access to a bathroom until permitted to do so, and all for joining a sorority. Being a member of something. Being a part of something. Belonging. 

Be one of us....

Eat maggots instead of Lo-Mein. There is a price to pay yes, but only in the beginning. In the end, the rewards are much higher and beneficial. We are not some Greek fraternity label, we are The Lost Boys. The Fraternity Of Fangs. We didn't belong anywhere except with each other. Now we are recruiting another outcast and that is YOU. 

Be one of us...


Time to pledge....

No comments:

Post a Comment